The articles in this blog by Central City Opera are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Closing of the 2010 Festival

Well, loyal readers, it looks like it's that time. The 2010 Central City Opera Festival has officially closed, and all of our artists and designers are leaving Central City in search of new adventures. The Festival Staff remains behind to clean, consolidate information, and just generally wrap things up. It's been a wonderful festival, and it'll be bittersweet to leave it behind!

I must admit that I started the summer unsure how to feel about opera, as my background is in theatre and my experience has previously been limited to my mother's collection of opera recordings. Now, however, I'll leave Central City with a new appreciation for opera and for the people who make it possible. I am grateful to my fellow Festival Staffers,


the music staff,


the designers and technicians,


the directing staff,
the members of our wonderful casts,


and all of the other hard working people who helped put Madama Butterfly, Orpheus in the Underworld, and Three Decembers on stage for audiences to see.

Photo by Mark Kiryluk.

I learned a lot and had a lot of fun, and I hope you guys did too!

Happy Closing from the 2010 Company. Central City Opera looks forward to seeing you when the yellow roses bloom again in 2011.

Photo by Mark Kiryluk.

No comments:

Post a Comment